Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

These past  5 Months that I have really been focusing on my fitness have been a huge blessing in many ways, so to celebrate Thanksgiving, I would love to give you my gratitude for health countdown! 



25. I have my favorite gym partner Erin to go with me!
24. My skin is getting smoother from all of the water I drink. Or maybe I am getting old.
23. I get to do planks, which I love!
22. I have not touched chocolate in 5 months. Huge accomplishment!
21. I have learned how to not get tangled in some of the weight machines. Darn my size 10 feet!
20. Speaking of feet, I am thankful that I have more reasons to buy cute workout shoes.
19. I get to see people dancing on the elliptical some days and other funny things at the gym.
18. I get to get over my germ-a-phobia by laying on sweaty gym mats for crunches etc.
17.Which reminds me that I am thankful I have good friends to go with me to boot camp. We can all laugh at how funny we are. We are doing way awesome though.
16. I am slowly getting more energy. My kids appreciate that.
15. I feel like I am looking better in my clothes.
14. I get to buy new clothes!
13. I notice more the way food makes me feel, good or bad. Appetizers late at night will ALWAYS make me feel bad in the morning. Yet I still do that sometimes.

12. I am down 35 pounds!
11. I am trying to be a better example for my family.
10. Exercise makes me feel good. I need it, and I miss it when I miss days.
9. Jess and my kids have been very supportive and tell me how awesome I am doing. That makes me feel good!
8. My legs are starting to get a little "shapely" as my grandma would put it.
7. I am feeling strong from weights. I really like weights. Way more than I thought I would.
6. I am proving to myself how strong I am. Physically, and mentally.
5. I know that my Heavenly Father is really helping me.
4. My kids say I am nicer. Poor kids.
3. My hair doesn't look like it is on the verge of falling out.
2. I can run in little increments. I love to run.

and my #1 reason I am thankful for my health this year is....

I am feeling more like myself. I am happier, more confident, and excited about life!

I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Thank You for all of your support and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Love it! Have super fun in St. George...you missed out on an awesome older gentleman wearing a button up white shirt and super short gym shorts today! It was awesome!!!

Kendra said...

I love number 8! How cute! And as a weight lifting lover number 7 rocks! More muscle means more fat burning too! Keep going girl!!

Shanna said...

Oh Erin that made me laugh. Moments like those really make the gym experience much more fun! Kendra, I love that you always are happy to comment. You are so fantastic! My sisters and I want to see you again!! So...come visit!