Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Friday, August 15, 2014

100 gone!

Fifteen years ago I gave birth to twins who were so early, that I had no idea what would become of them, and what my life would be. Would they be healthy? Would they live? Could I handle whatever challenges we might face? I turned to M&M's. Literally. I went through bags of them the first year of my cute little babies life.My family can tell you that M&M's were always around. When they came home from the hospital 3 months later, my sister would come over every day to watch them so I could workout. I worked out, and gained almost 100 lbs. Who knew you couldn't eat bags full of chocolate, and not gain weight just because you were working out?!

During the next 8 or 9 years, between the normal stresses of life, and having another baby, my weight stayed about the same. I would lose 20 pounds, but fall back into old habbits. The one thing I did do right, was that I always worked out pretty consistently.

When I was about 30, I fell on a slippery tile floor and broke my back. I ended up having surgery, and gained another 50 pounds on top of the 100! Yikes! I still tried to walk as much as I could, but it is really hard when you get big.

Well now I can say that I am getting my health back! Within a couple years after back surgery, I lost some weight, but kind of stalled out, which brings us to last summer. I gave up my treats, started working harder in my workouts and since last summer, I have lost 57 pounds, BUT....from my highest weight after back surgery, I have now lost 100 pounds!!! Life is good, and I have a wonderful husband and 3 healthy kids too(One towers over me!). We are all on this journey of life together, and I am thankful for their support. We all need it!


This week I have started calorie counting again. I hate it, but it works. If you want to join me, come find me at My Fitness Pal. I am shanse. I love friends!


5 comments:

Kendra Burke said...

You are a rock star! I hate calorie counting too! The problem is that it actually works though! LOL Keep up the great work!

Shanna said...

Kendra, I can always count on you for a comment! Thank you! I love your support! I wish their were easier things than calorie counting, haha!

Erin said...

I love this! You are so awesome & I'm so glad you are always here to encourage me & help me on my own journey!

Bonnie said...

Shanna! I was reading some of my old blog entries, read a comment from you back in 2008, and voila, I found this blog! Congratulations on your hard work! It's great to have a friend to travel the weight loss/fitness road with. You've got me feeling inspired! I'll be coming back for sure to read more uplifting messages from you and Erin!

Byrom Family said...

You are looking amazing! I started back on my journey again on Monday! You inspire me!!!!!