Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A few keys that have worked for me

I've been asked several times what I'm doing to lose weight, and I usually just say, "Exercising and eating better."  That's true, but there are a few keys that when I'm doing them I consistently lose weight and feel really good.  I think for the next week I'm going to try to do a post a day on some of those things.  Now don't think you need to try to add all these things into your life in one day.  Just pick one thing and start doing that for an entire week, then add another thing for a whole week...and so on.  Otherwise, if you're anything like me, it's too much to change all at once and you won't do any of them.

The first thing on my list is drinking water.  I know this may sound stupid, but it makes such a difference.  When I'm focused on getting in my water I'm way more aware of what and how much I'm eating.  So, how much to drink???  I've always heard 8 eight ounce glasses of water a day, but that doesn't factor in weight or amount of activity.  This is a website where you can answer a few questions and it will let you know how much you really need to drink.  With my size and exercise I'm supposed to drink 102-127 ounces.  Now believe me, I don't get that in every day, but I usually get between 64 and 100 ounces.

I really like adding the juice of a whole fresh lemon to my water and a packet of Great Value Vitamin Enhanced Kiwi Strawberry. It's a natural flavor instead of like candy flavoring. I know some of you don't like artificial sweeteners, but don't freak out...I have 1 pack a day mixed in with 32 oz and it makes my water taste really good!

Check back tomorrow for this yummy recipe.

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm so proud of you! By the way, that pizza & fruity drink look delicious. May I have the recipes please?