Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What the crap is up with me?

I have been in a massive funk the last two months.  Not just in getting fit, it seems like in everything.  I'm still working out and trying to eat well, but then I cave into cravings and blow my progress.  I've been super grouchy and feel like I'm trying to give my best to everyone around me except for my family and myself.  I'm sick of it!  So today's post is how to get out of a crappy funk!

#1. You have to recognize that you are in a funk...and figure out what's causing it.

#2. Let go of whatever is causing you stress.  I've realized that a) I've been trying to do things all on my own...again!  When I forget to ask Heavenly Father for help and guidance, I tend to wear myself out really quickly, and eventually fall flat on my face.  And b) I've reached a weight that I haven't been for a really long time, and although I still have a ways to go, I'm comfortable, but also a little scared to keep going.

#3.If I tell myself negative things my body with react and hold on to my stress.
#4. If I have a bad day with my eating I don't need to carry that disappointment on to the next day. And I have to move forward or else I fall back!

#5.   I need to stop stressing about how far I have to go and just keep going.  When I stop looking forward and backward, and just focus on what I'm doing now to make a difference, I progress much easier.

I really hope this helps someone out there because it really helps me to write down how I'm feeling when I struggle...it seems like I can get through the struggles a heck of a lot faster and move on with my goals.

0 comments: