Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Thursday, July 25, 2013

I need Motivation

{A quick little story for how I'm feeling this week!}
Ah, what a day. 
You picked up the brand new car you’ve been wanting forever. You drove it out of the lot, and now you’re heading to the mountains for a camping trip with some friends.  All the while, you’re inhaling that new-car smell.  Go you!
As you’re driving along the back roads, you notice something a little strange. The car is leaning a bit. Then it’s making an odd sound. You pull over.  You stop the car. You get out.
Damn. A flat tire! On your brand new shiny car! How the heck did THAT happen?
What do you do?
Well, it is YOU after all.  So you do the only logical thing.
You say, “Screw it.” You reach into your backpack, get out your camping knife – and slash the other three tires.
Hey, why even bother if they’re not all working?
——–
“That’s totally over the top! I would never do that to my car!”
Yeah?
Well, would you do it to your goals?
Would you do it to your day?
I’m betting you would, you have, and you do.

Okay guys, this is so me this week!  I've done some of my naughty habits this week, eating at night, too much junk and not thinking about why I'm eating...having your cycle will do that to you...and I've only made it to the gym once...YUCK!  I hate when I do this.  I get going and I'm doing awesome and I'm feeling super motivated, then I start to sabotage myself, I stop making good choices and I have to recommit!  What are some of the things you do to pull yourself out of a funk?  Any tips???  I need all the help I can get today.

2 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

Write it all down!!! Everything I want to do, need to do, and want to change, then write down how I want to get it done this week. And get good sleep... Ideally.

Shanna said...

Ugh I am in the same boat! I just want some salt right now. Ok for the past 2 days. We will Conquer though. I needed this post. I am always messing myself up after I work hard, but no more! I have to reach my goals!!! Thanks for the reminder!