Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's all about Perspective!

I have never wished to be obese...that is until now! My son and I were messing around with the BMI charts seeing where we fall. Now there is underweight, normal, overweight, obese, morbidly obese and one I have never heard of thrown in the middle, clinically obese. I am sad to say that I fall into the morbidly obese category. Anywhoosies, we were laughing as I was saying "Oh, I really want to be obese" or "Yay, I am FINALLY obese! I have been waiting for this day!" We were laughing so hard. Sometimes you have to use a little laughter right?! It is funny how when we are in younger, that we sometimes forget to love ourselves for who we are. Then life happens and kids come and we wish for the body that we had. We need to love ourselves right now, while we work for something better. So when I am screaming and happily saying that I am overweight, just know that to me, that will be a very happy day! p.s. Isn't obese a way gross word??!

3 comments:

Erin said...

So funny! I can just picture the two of you being silly, laughing your heads off!

Unknown said...

That was really well put Shanna, and funny. Congrats on your progress.

Lisa Nash said...

Love that you are finding humor in the journey! You are great! Keep being amazing! XO