Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Monday, August 12, 2013

Protein baby!

Holy moley...I just got back from a four day camping trip, and my system is feeling a little draggy.  I don't know about you, but when I'm not in my usual routine it's a lot harder to stay on track.  I wanted to go on vacation and not have to be worried about what to eat though, so I packed lots of healthy snacks (watermelon, celery with cottage cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce dip, cucumbers, beef jerky...etc.), but those yummy treats, (homemade chex mix, candy, s'mores, etc...) still called to me.   So, in kick starting my week I am loading up on the protein.  This is a super easy way that gets me eating better fast.  It fills me up and makes me way less snacky during the day and most of all at night (that's my worst time of day for being munchy.)  Dr. Oz says to have 25 g of protein 3 times a day.  The easiest way for me to do that is to have a protein drink.  I just buy it in bulk at costco, it's called Cyto Sport 100% Whey protein.  Just mixing it with water tastes pretty good and is super easy.  I also made a zucchini and mozzarella cheese omelet.  So yummy, healthy and filling.  What are some of your go to meals to help you get back on track? 

Also, don't forget to enter our drawing.  It ends tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Hey I had a zuccinin omlet too this morning minus the cheese. It was delicous!

Ducksfly2gether said...

spinach lentil soup. It doesn't sound that great, but it is so yummy!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lentil-Spinach-Soup

1 cup is only 171 calories, even with the sausage (okay, yeah, it's turkey sausage, but it's sausage!)

Good luck this week!