Contact us at slwhansen@gmail.com & mrserinjohnson@gmail.com

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Short term Goals, and Long term goals, and REALLY Long term goals

Ok, so my birthday is in exactly 1 month(don't worry, I will LOVE whatever you get for me. It's the thought that counts)I want to give myself something really awesome. Maybe 50 lbs lost, or down to a size 6 or run a marathon, or...wait... those are not realistic goals?! I have this problem. I am not a patient person, at all. I am sure you can relate. I think we all want what we want now. I am learning that it is VERY IMPORTANT to set small goals for the short term, but have our eyes set on bigger, long term goals. And then the lifetime, long term goals. I tend to want to set long term, hard to reach goals, and then I get frustrated when it doesn't happen in just a couple of months. So, I am making a goal of making a goal. And then, I will make more goals to make more goals. :) You get the drift. So I am going to open up and give to you, since you are so curious, a short term(aka my birthday goal)a long term, and a really long term goal. 1. Short term(September 1, 2013) Lose 14 pounds. I have lost 11 pounds since July 1st and I have just tweaked a few things in my eating so I think 14 is doable. I want to be down 25 by my birthday! 2. Long term and 3. Really long term are going to wait. I have to start with small goals. Now then. What are some of your short term goals?

8 comments:

Erin said...

I totally think you can do it, Especially if we stick together!

Corinne said...

You're both amazing! You can totally do it! My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of August. I wish I had the gusto you both have to go to the gym. I HATE exercising. How do you do it?

Corinne said...

You're both amazing. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of August, but how do you stay motivated with the exercise thing? I hate it!

Shanna said...

Thanks friend! We will totally stick together and make our goals! For sure!!!

Shanna said...

Corinne, it definitely comes down to finding something you like to do, or a variety of things. Also I have found that it is important to be flexible. Some days you can work out for an hour, and some days you squeeze in 20 minutes. Just do the best you can. Erin has needed to motivate me a lot lately in the exercise department, but my eating has been pretty good. I feel so much better when I work out though.

Amelia said...

well, awesome! I actually set myself a goal of 10 pounds this month too. Here's to getting it done!

Darci said...

Oh hon, you're inspiring me to set a few goals myself! Goal #1: Pick up the phone and make my Dr.'s appt. You KNOW that the phone call is the hardest part for the Wray girls!

Unknown said...

ok, I am so with you! I have lost 71 pounds. my very best long term goal is 100 pounds lost by my 1 year mark for weight loss. Summer has been hard, so I am revisiting my goal. Oct. 12 is my year mark and I am looking at my new goal is 87 pounds by a year. :) keep on swimming, keep on swimming!